Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cheating

but not really...it totally felt like it though. I made the creamy buffalo chicken from the lighter recipes site, and yow-za, was it good. It was a little thick, so I added some more hot sauce, accidentally took the lid off instead of just opening it, so it ended up being A LOT of extra hot sauce. Next time I think I will use WF ranch instead of the lite ranch, it seemed salty to me, so, the WF ranch will add less sodium. THEN, because I was in a snacky mood, I had "fried" dill pickles. GASP...I can hear you all now..FRIED?? You FRIED??? No, I did not fry. I crushed up a package of ranch soy crisps. Took two dill pickle spears dried them off well with a paper towel, dipped them in a little egg whites then rolled them in the crushed soy crisps. Put them on a PAM sprayed baking sheet and baked the little buggers at 450 for about 10 minutes. I spritzed a little ranch salad spritzer on them and viola! Fried dill pickles. Not EXACTLY like they make at Hooters, but close enough for comfort.
Goal last night= epic fail, well, I guess I wouldn't say epic. I only managed a half hour instead of an hour walk and I went 2 miles and then some. I did get my 15 minute goal accomplish tho. I walked 1 mile, jogged 1 400, walked another 400 then the remaining three-400's I walked the straightaways and jogged the corners. which means I jogged 1000 meters, which would equal???? (too many numbers my brain is starting to hurt!) basically a 200 short of 3/4 of a mile. Drew was supposed to run with me, be my Jillian-minus the snarl and capri pants, but  being a boy he does have her "butch" look down. (Yes, she has long hair and can be mildly pretty at times, but she looks a lot like a dude at other times...I seriously keep searching for the Adams apple, and not just because she's buff...I think its her extremely angular jaw line...I dunno). He however did not realize we were running in public (GASP). I must officially be old because I have entered the "do not be seen in public with your mother" phase. He took Jace to t-ball, quickly got bored and came to walk/run with me. So evidently, I'm not too horrific, yet.
Goal today- Depending on if I get off work early (meaning noonish) walk/jog this afternoon or walk while Jaci is dancing in Atl tonight. I really need to walk while she's at dance to avoid the whole "call ex-coworkers and have a margarita" thing....I do however need to stop at Hy-Vee to see if I can find the PB2 and get some baggies....
Reason for weight loss today- jogging...plain and simple...less fat around the midsection, means less wind I will suck when jogging and man do I suck a lot of wind....
Bonus--How to tell if you're totally committed to TSFL--the wind...not only am I sucking it, the soy is making me break it...often...also, when looking at Tupperware, I ignore the  gadgety type products and the big bowl and the organizational pieces and eye the little sets that would hold my soup/pudding/shakes/perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment