Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Farmers Markets

are the best. Speaking of which, anyone know when the hell ours opens? I stopped at Exira's on Friday, sad that only one vendor was there (yes, I realize its early in the season but none the less, share your goods people!) The one vendor that was there was a good one though! He had some great mixed salad greens and fresh spinach. I got some homemade grape jelly for the kids, too. The only draw back, okay, two drawback, were...I didn't need the guy's life story and details on all of the products he had. (Dude I just want some fucking spinach.) Secondly, the bus full of rabid quilters who had descended upon the quilt shop that stopped at his stand and all paid in $20 so he was out of change. So, I went to the bar, who was also out of change...thank God one of the guys in the bar had change for me :)
Anyway, the greens and spinach were terrific. Can't wait until more fresh produce starts popping up for sale.
I bought the Morningstar Farms basil and tomato pizza burgers and am reminded that I love them dearly. I could eat them every day, mmmmm-mmmm good. Also bought the tyson chicken fajita stuff (the pre-cooked-kind, so we'll see how they are.) Tonight I'm making turkey burgers on the grill. Adding some shredded zucchini to keep them moist. I will have one with my greens and some tomatoes. Looking forward to it!
Weigh in-down 2 more pounds :)
Gee how many more to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment