Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Entitlement

is bugging the hell out of me today. If I recall my government classes correctly, no where in the Bill of Rights nor the Constitution does it say, "I am entitled to receive anything and everything I ask for, no matter what." When we are born, the only thing were entitled to is our freedoms, which do not include "gimme, gimme, gimme."
It annoys the hell out of me when I drive up to Caring and Sharing in my 1997 POS minivan with 150,000 miles on it to drop off my donation, only to see those who are there to receive goods pull up in brand new vehicles carrying a Coach bag.
I am annoyed by governmental entities/leaders/elected officials who refuse to tighten belts or make difficult decisions because they can just raise the taxes to make up for their lack of common sense OR because the taxpayer money isn't "their" money, so who who cares if we spend it on frivolous crap we don't really need.
I am annoyed by those individuals and even multi-million dollar businesses who ask for government hand outs and when those hand outs are offered, they are not good enough. I'm sorry, how about the rest of us who receive NO handouts????
I am annoyed that a job paying $18 an hour is not "good enough" employment for certain people or that a $55,000 annual salary is much too small...Really? REALLY????
Hooof-dee, that's enough lamenting. But honestly, some of these people make me want to scream, often and loudly.
Last night I had a marvelous stirfry...I did some prep work and cut up three chicken breasts, measuring out 6 ounces and bagging them up individually. I threw in a bag of fresh stirfry veggies, mostly big beautiful broccoli heads with a few pea pods and some broccoli slaw. I did pick out the bigger pieces of shredded carrot, BUT not all..this is another fail area of my TSFL lifestyle. I cannot fathom that a few random pieces of shredded carrot will contain enough carbohydrates to kick me out of fat burn. Anywho, I mixed up a simple "sauce" of a sash of sesame oil, low salt-light soy sauce, garlic, red pepper flakes and the last of the PB2 I had been hoarding to make a "thai-peanut sauce" YUMMO!!!
I made the brownie bottom soft serve for dessert. I mixed the PB soft serve with just enough water to make it like a thick pudding consistency, then dropped half of it in a heap on top of each 1/2 brownie and froze it for an hour. Seriously the best way I have found yet to eat the soft serve, in fact, I may just order some more. I had never liked the consistency of it, the flavor was fine, it was the "slushy" consistency that made me cack. Mixing it like a pudding and then freezing is MUCH better...
Jaci has t-ball tonight, so I will be walking tonight, gotta keep trying to get my speed up for the 5K's coming up. Tomorrow night I will be in Atl for dance, so I hope to walk during that time, too...Drew has drivers ed all week (class and driving) so Jaci has been coming to work with me, Friday morning we may go for a wlak instead of coming in to the office at 7, we shall see...its good to have a plan.
Today's goal- Jaci has one hour of ball, my goal is 4 miles in that one hour...shouldn't be hard to do.
Today's reason for losing weight--getting rid of that arm/underarm/sideboob/flab that kind of sticks out from your bra/underarm area when wearing a tank top....that seriously needs to go. time to break out the resistance bands again....

No comments:

Post a Comment