Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 17, 2011

Contradiction in term

Is what I am. Either that or the complete definition of irony. For example. Last night, I was in the bathroom at a restaurant. The toilet paper roll is empty. There is a roll of toilet paper that's probably 1/2 gone sitting on the lid of the toilet, meaning that numerous people have used that roll of paper. I was instantly annoyed and I took the spring loaded TP thingy off the holder and replaced it! It's that easy people! However, I am notorious for not doing the same at home. We have one of those holders that stands beside the throne, you have to unscrew the one end to put a new roll on and sometimes (2 a.m. when I wake up having to get rid of 120 oz. of water) its too much to unscrew the thingy so I just set it on top of the holder.
I could give you numerous examples...that's just how I am, I guess. Take me or leave me.
Yesterday I got my hair done..always makes a girl feel good, especially when it involves getting rid of her nasty ass Alabama hooker roots. Ra-ra wants to chop it all off. Another one of those "Just can't do it Captain" things. I did it once. I did Lock of Love, it was a good cause, it grew back rather quickly, but I am a long hair girl. I adore my ponytails when I am in a hurry. I think part of it is that before i started kindergarten my mom chopped all of my hair off. Like mega short. I think it gave me a complex that still exists today. That and the fact that I have a fat, round face and once read somewhere that long hair makes your face look longer. I did let her take about three inches off. It was a compromise.
I got new contacts yesterday. It's like a whole new world out there....(it was a massive for fuck around, thanks to the Wal-Mart vision Center). IF A. My prescription didn't run out in two days and B. I was not on my last pair, which had been in WAAAAY longer than the 2 weeks you are supposed to wear them, I would have said fuck it and ordered them online, like I have been doing. But, I didn't want to have to wait a week for them to come in. Seriously, one more bad Wal-Mart experience and I may start protesting....What really pissed me off was it took like 35 minutes and so there for I was running behind and I was pissed off and wanting to just get the fuck out of dodge, and I neglected to stop at Hy-Vee for PB2. Bastard Wal-mart anyway...
I avoided the massive best burger in Iowa, but only because we didn't get to the Duck, we went to Prime Time. Ordered food i shouldn't have, but left nearly all of it, but the meat, so there was some sort of victory there. I don't know why I can't just completely wrap my head around this this time. But again, I keep trying....and I will keep trying...until my skinny jeans stop talking to me.
Golfing with Drew tonight, 2 mile run/walk tomorrow, working tomorrow night, perhaps more golf Sunday...so I am staying active. Golfing with Drew versus Trudy is safer. (Love ya Trud and its a damn good time, but I doubt Drew and I will share a six pack on the first 9 and a 12 pack on the second.)

No comments:

Post a Comment